https://mcstylists-overclock.forumotion.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

26 th March 2010

5 posters

Go down

26 th March 2010 Empty 26 th March 2010

Post by oshimaida Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:24 am

It,s Friday again in "sunny"Manchester in the rain, at least it,s not too cold now and spring is in the air after the coldest winter here for 30 yrs.
Signed up for my left knee to be replaced yesterday - gee my ariss wos twitching as I put my sig on the line.Thing is I had the right knee replaced in May last year it went well and now I,m "titanium man"-could use that as a sig!! WOT did I then do, but watch the op on You tube and that has s..t me up good style, though when its replaced I.ll probably be able to visit the local courses again and reduce my handicap a bit.

Bought a Evga 8800 gtx ko gpu on the bay at w/e and now its arrived I can see how much bigger it is than the 8800gs in #1 now, took the gs out this morning and measured from the screw holes to the front of the xtra corsair fan than blows over the back of the card and guess wot its exactly the same measurement and it wont locate,I would have to reconfigure the bays,loose the xtra fan,so I,ve sacked it for now --have to try it in the CM scout and use it in that with a 680i board,
I would like to use the DFI version I have but thats code 88 and I don,t think it will revive even if I bios rechip it.

The above explains somewhat why I can spend so much time "lurking" on these sites and why I,m about 2yrs+ behind all this i7,i5 ,i3 stuff that,s available now-- doesn,t mean I desire the latest gear tho- this 8800 gtx ko is an awesome piece of kit and so is my Noctua nh-d14 simply the best air cooler (engineer head on ) and I,ve a few in my stock cupboard.

Haven,t had the courage to try the chat box yet and thanks guys for the heads-up on that- may be soon!
OH!! my coffee cup is empty!! now so I,ll sign off with this observation --so far this is turning into the best forum for social interaction and I can already see "Vampy" has made a big impact on this site shhhh! especially with the 4 person mentioning no names.
Grandchildren day tomorrow, I,ll be on again late on after they,ve "pecked my head" and gone home
God bless every one on here.
oshimaida
oshimaida
oshimaida
Respected Forum Idividuals

Back to top Go down

26 th March 2010 Empty Re: 26 th March 2010

Post by Vampire Girl Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:35 am

Oh, I am so sorry to hear you need to have a knee replacement Gareth. That is awful! But you'll be back into your game again soon with therapy I am sure. You may have to learn how to stand again with the new knee when golfing. Hmm lets see new name for the hybrid... I'll have to give this one some thought... :Kewl:

yes.. thank you for inviting me over.. this has done wonders for me... PureOC is cool..really cool..still my first home always, but a little stiff though.. seems when i post over there i am the kiss of death for some of the threads which makes me feel a little bad sigh.. guys here are a little more relaxed it seems... :yourock:

Oh... thank you for noticing... shhhhh don't tell 4hams.. hahaha :Nananana:

Here's some more coffee for you!
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by smduff Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:49 am

Good morning everyone, looks like your going to get fixed up M8 some good news there glad to hear it, oh and Vamps that kiss of death comment made me laugh, I'm not sure if it was intended to funny or not but i got a good chuckle from it.... Vampire- kiss of death hehe.
smduff
smduff
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oshimaida Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:31 pm

Hi, Thank you both for your kind words,
Thing is I have to agree totally with you Vampy regarding"Pure" I felt the same way and when I arrived over here in only a few days felt at home ,I felt that you would be probably more appreciated here humour wise and chattiness wise if that,s the right terminology, its a nice feeling for me cos knowing what you,ve been thru recently you needed an outlet to channel all that vampy comment & chat into,I,m glad "its done wonders for you" you,ve certainly got all the guys interacting with you -keep it up.(sorry no pun intended there)!!
oshimaida
oshimaida

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:07 pm

Hey everybody TGIF!!!

I am very pleased that you folks feel comfortable here. We are a brand new site but many of us have known each other for 5-6 years on other dvd or tech support type forums.

Craig started this place because of his interest in computer overclocking and tweaking. he invited Zebadee and myself to help out alone with a few others we have known for a while.

The intent here is to have a technical based forum but to also have a great family type atmosphere at the same time. So members can come for help, share knowledge and chat with friends!

I think we are headed in the write direction. As for PUREOC I really like the place. The folks I have met have all been great folks and very helpful. it is the friendliest Overclocking type forum I have ever joined. We wish them all the success they deserve.

Ok back to friday i am pooped after another day laying flooring and i need another beer!!!

be back shortly and hope to catch some of ya in the chat this evening.

Hey Craig did ya get that new monster of a card today? Fingers crossed!
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:51 am

smduff wrote:Good morning everyone, looks like your going to get fixed up M8 some good news there glad to hear it, oh and Vamps that kiss of death comment made me laugh, I'm not sure if it was intended to funny or not but i got a good chuckle from it.... Vampire- kiss of death hehe.

Well I sort of meant it in the literal sense though it does sound funny.. just go and look!.. nearly every fun thread i commented on stopped dead in its tracks.. it made me feel horrible when the Canadian Milk thread stopped dead.. made a comment on the pic jake posted and i thought i was being funny and well...guess some guys can't handle a chick commenting back and forth with them about "Jugs"... sigh. It wasn't the first time either... sigh.. :(

oshimaida wrote:Hi, Thank you both for your kind words,
Thing is I have to agree totally with you Vampy regarding"Pure" I felt the same way and when I arrived over here in only a few days felt at home ,I felt that you would be probably more appreciated here humour wise and chattiness wise if that,s the right terminology, its a nice feeling for me cos knowing what you,ve been thru recently you needed an outlet to channel all that vampy comment & chat into,I,m glad "its done wonders for you" you,ve certainly got all the guys interacting with you -keep it up.(sorry no pun intended there)!!

Holy Crap! Oh now.. I am so NOT PureOC bashing.. that is my first home.. where i met most all of you! They are awesome too! :yourock: Truly awesome! Just the sense of humor isn't the same... maybe mine is just too dry and wry right now because of my life/divorce drama.. and i am truly sorry for that too. Rolling Eyes But they have it set up as a professional site more so than one for techies to connect socially like here and on Knowledge Tree...which is why i am fitting in so well at the moment i think. :clapjoy:

You're welcome Gareth... I do care for my virtual peeps as i do my in the flesh peeps... i do feel for you in that it is really going to be a tough road with the knee replacement, but with good physicial therapy you should be up and about in no time. ☀

4hams wrote:Hey everybody TGIF!!!

I am very pleased that you folks feel comfortable here. We are a brand new site but many of us have known each other for 5-6 years on other dvd or tech support type forums.

Craig started this place because of his interest in computer overclocking and tweaking. he invited Zebadee and myself to help out alone with a few others we have known for a while.

The intent here is to have a technical based forum but to also have a great family type atmosphere at the same time. So members can come for help, share knowledge and chat with friends!

I think we are headed in the write direction. As for PUREOC I really like the place. The folks I have met have all been great folks and very helpful. it is the friendliest Overclocking type forum I have ever joined. We wish them all the success they deserve.

Ok back to friday i am pooped after another day laying flooring and i need another beer!!!

be back shortly and hope to catch some of ya in the chat this evening.

Hey Craig did ya get that new monster of a card today? Fingers crossed!

Yes.. Happy Friday! Happy Weekend! ☀ By the way... this forum totally.. :yourock: too!
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by McstylisT Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:40 am

Hi peeps ,

oshimaida , hope it all goes well with the operation my friend. I am sure it will be a good thing in the end once you build up the strength again you'll be glad you went through this. Keep us informed. Wink wink

This place was created for people. Though the theme is obviously overclocking and general hardware for me people make the atmosphere and that makes the forum. Very important things that we have bags of here thanks to all of you smile. this is how i want things to continue and give everyone that relaxed feeling. I found these fundamentals missing on many places i have visited over the years.

McT
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

https://mcstylists-overclock.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down