WPrime multithreaded benchmark for x86 processors Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

https://mcstylists-overclock.forumotion.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WPrime multithreaded benchmark for x86 processors

2 posters

Go down

WPrime multithreaded benchmark for x86 processors Empty WPrime multithreaded benchmark for x86 processors

Post by McstylisT Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:27 am

**WARNING*** - THIS PROGRAM WILL BE STRESSING OUT YOUR INTERNAL COMPONENTS TO 100%. PLEASE ONLY USE IF YOUR HAPPY WITH STABILITY AS ANY PROBLEMS COULD RESULT IN SYSTEM CRASH.
THOUGH 32M TEST IS FINE FOR ALL CPU'S / THE LARGER 1024M IS RECOMMENDED FOR WELL COOLED SYSTEMS AND I7/I5 CPUS.

wPrime is a leading multithreaded benchmark for x86 processors that tests your processor performance by calculating square roots with a recursive call of Newton's method for estimating functions, with f(x)=x2-k, where k is the number we're sqrting, until Sgn(f(x)/f'(x)) does not equal that of the previous iteration, starting with an estimation of k/2. It then uses an iterative calling of the estimation method a set amount of times to increase the accuracy of the results. It then confirms that n(k)2=k to ensure the calculation was correct. It repeats this for all numbers from 1 to the requested maximum.

*** PLEASE DOWNLOAD WPRIME DIRECTLY HERE ***

This is an interesting benchmark that uses the full potential of a CPU in most aspects. Simple to use and interesting to see for all. Please make sure you add your post today , regardless of processor used. Its all in good fun and in the name of technology.

McT

Last edited by McstylisT on Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:49 am; edited 2 times in total
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

WPrime multithreaded benchmark for x86 processors Empty Re: WPrime multithreaded benchmark for x86 processors

Post by McstylisT Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:28 am

My Entry is Intel i7 920 @ 3.68ghz Overclock. HT 8threads enabled.

WPrime multithreaded benchmark for x86 processors WprimeHardinfo

WPrime multithreaded benchmark for x86 processors Wprimetest37ghz

Last edited by McstylisT on Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

WPrime multithreaded benchmark for x86 processors Empty Re: WPrime multithreaded benchmark for x86 processors

Post by 4hams Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:23 am

Thought I would get in on the fun.

WPrime multithreaded benchmark for x86 processors ScreenShot035

WPrime multithreaded benchmark for x86 processors ScreenShot036
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by McstylisT Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:30 am

Pretty good stuff 4hams. Best i have seen so far is 930 @ 4.4ghz 6.02 seconds.

BTW , good idea to add a hardware info shot too , amending my one now. :Cool:
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McstylisT Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:44 am

Ok cranking it up now tried the super larger test of 1024 thread calculations.

BE AWARE , THIS WILL STRESS FOR A LONG TIME CAUSING HEAT TO SERIOUSLY RIASE TEMPS OF THE SYSTEM. NOT ADVISED FOR NONE I7/I5 PRODUCTS

WPrime multithreaded benchmark for x86 processors WprimeHardinfo

WPrime multithreaded benchmark for x86 processors 1024threadtest

WPrime multithreaded benchmark for x86 processors 2010-03-18_133845

toasty !!
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:02 am

Those temps are not bad at all Craig. remember the TJ Max is 100 degrees of the whole CPU not just a single core. the single core temps will always show alittle hotter than the overall CPU temp which is why when testing I use Core temp to show the individual core temps but I also use Everest which shows the individual cores as well as the overall core temp.

I would bet your over all core temp was about 66 to 70 degrees which is well withing the 100 degree TJ Max for your CPU.
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by McstylisT Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:24 am

Though i am at 3.68ghz and only 1.18v makes it average i think.

When i was at 4/4.2ghz it was hitting anything upto 85degs on each core ...... lol !!! 1.25v
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:52 am

McstylisT wrote:Though i am at 3.68ghz and only 1.18v makes it average i think.

When i was at 4/4.2ghz it was hitting anything upto 85degs on each core ...... lol !!! 1.25v
but once again I would bet the overall CPU temp was not more than 75-80 degrees?
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by McstylisT Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:14 am

4hams wrote:
McstylisT wrote:Though i am at 3.68ghz and only 1.18v makes it average i think.

but once again I would bet the overall CPU temp was not more than 75-80 degrees?

Yeah , your probably quite right my friend. :Cool:

When over clocking though i tend to never let it exceed 85 degs on any core as then its not good for long term future of the chip. I personally keep well within the restrictions with my Overclocks ( if possible ) to hopefully prolong the life of the chip to its maximum.

From what i hear ( from the person who bought my Q9550 ) its still running lovely. That personal has it stable @ 3.8ghz. :clapjoy:
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:18 am

That is good to here! Ya never want to sell something to someone and have them tell ya it died. :(
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by McstylisT Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:21 am

4hams wrote:That is good to here! Ya never want to sell something to someone and have them tell ya it died. :(

LOL !! that is right. :D Though do not know about my old Q6600 though. Was only learning the true in's and outs of overclocking then and never really stress tested it or anything. Had it @ 3.1ghz for a while , not sure if it was doing it any good though. Testing for stability and correct voltage is so important for OC'ing
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:27 am

I only ran my Q6600 for a few months maybe 4 before i got the Q9550 but i ran it all day long for those 4 months at 3.6GHz.

Now both it and the Q9550 run at stock no overclock for the kids and both systems are running great!
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by McstylisT Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:28 am

Great to hear. Would love to see some pics when you get some time on those builds Joel. :D
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:43 am

I'll have to steal the kids camera as mine does not work anymore...

Don't think she will let me borrow it as I had to ground here for a week on Wednesday night for not being home for dinner when told. She is not my biggest fan at the moment. LOL
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down