https://mcstylists-overclock.forumotion.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMD Phenom II X6 clocks leaked

2 posters

Go down

AMD Phenom II X6 clocks leaked Empty AMD Phenom II X6 clocks leaked

Post by McstylisT Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:43 pm

AMD Phenom II X6 clocks leaked

AMD Phenom II X6 clocks leaked Amd

Just ov
er a month from now AMD will introduce its own desktop-oriented hexa-core processors (codename) Thuban, the first release wave being set to include four chips - the Phenom II X6 1035T, 1055T (in 95W and 125W TDP versions), and the 1075T. The upcoming CPUs have been pretty much confirmed to have 9MB of L3 cache and an integrated DDR3 memory controller, and to be manufactured on 45nm technology but their frequencies have not been revealed, until today.

Courtesy of a couple BIOS updates released by Gigabyte (and leaked CPU support lists), we now know that the X6 1035T will have its six cores set to 2600 MHz / 2.6 GHz, while the X6 1055T will be set @ 2800 MHz / 2.8 GHz. Expanding on the info available it's clear that the highest-end hexa-core prepped by AMD for next month, the Phenom II X6 1075T will be clocked at 3.0 GHz, 333 MHz under Intel's own Core i7 980X EE. Don't expect AMD's chips to take on Intel's EE models but they should give the LGA 1156 Core i7s a run for their money. Now all we need is the prices...

*** CLICK FOR THE SOURCE HERE ***
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

AMD Phenom II X6 clocks leaked Empty Re: AMD Phenom II X6 clocks leaked

Post by SithTracy Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:35 pm

I know a lot of you guys are loyal to Intel... and that's fine, but AMD does keep Intel a bit more honest when it comes to pricing a product to Market. No, AMD cannot compete with the i7, but I like this news... Been running a Phenom II 940 for a little over a year and have been very happy with it. Will probably swing back to Intel in a years time.
SithTracy
SithTracy
Respected Forum Idividuals
Respected Forum Idividuals

Back to top Go down

Post by McstylisT Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:23 am

SithTracy wrote:I know a lot of you guys are loyal to Intel... and that's fine, but AMD does keep Intel a bit more honest when it comes to pricing a product to Market. No, AMD cannot compete with the i7, but I like this news... Been running a Phenom II 940 for a little over a year and have been very happy with it. Will probably swing back to Intel in a years time.

I completely agree , Intel could learn from AMD's pricing indeed. Especially this news , its impressive indeed. Though for me its always the end product that makes me buy it. And although its going to be impressive these will only just exceed current performance of an i7 around the 4ghz mark. For two whole extra cores i find that a little disappointing personally. Though these were ES samples of the feedback i have received of them. Though Still going to be a highly impressive line and a good chip for any high end pc nevertheless.

McT
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down