https://mcstylists-overclock.forumotion.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DreamHack Stockholm Invitational

3 posters

Go down

DreamHack  Stockholm Invitational Empty DreamHack Stockholm Invitational

Post by 4hams Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:06 pm

Chris Lorranger is my neighbours son and he plays video games for a living. He is in this tournament going on right now.

http://www.dreamhack.se/DHS11/programme/esport/starcraft-ii/stockholm-invitational/

DreamHack Stockholm Invitational

Eight world class StarCraft II-players to attend Stockholm Invitational on 12th of April 2011. DreamHack hosts a one-day tournament at Kulturhuset in central Stockholm in front of live audience, with professional commentators and broadcasted online.

DreamHack and our partners SteelSeries, Eizo, Sapphire and AMD proudly presents the first offline DreamHack Sapphire AMD Championship event of the tournament season that culminates with a Grand Final at DreamHack Winter 2011 24-27 November in Jönköping. Total prize purse for all events is SEK 810 000.

Stockholm Invitational will be held at Kulturhuset, from 14.00 to 23.00 in Hörsalen at Kulturhuset. Eight of the world’s best players will play a single elimination tournament; the first match starts at 15.00 and the Grand final at 21.00. The winner of the tournament receives 100 000 SEK cash and top-2 will get wildcards to DreamHack Summer 2011.

Description: Tournament have 8 invite slots and they all fight for SEK 100 000 prize purse.
Game: StarCraft II
Patch: Latest version
Game format: 1vs1 BO3 (BO5 Final)
Tournament format:Â Single Elimination Bracket
Dates: Tuesday 12th of April. Starting 15.00
Maps: TBA
Prizes: 100 000 SEK
1. 100 000 SEK + Wildcard to DreamHack Summer 2011
2. Wildcard to DreamHack Summer 2011

Schedule:
Round of 8: Match #1 (BO3)
Round of 8: Match #2 (BO3)
Round of 8: Match #3 (BO3)
Round of 8: Match #4 (BO3)
Round of 4: Semifinal #1 (BO3)
Round of 4: Semifinal #2 (BO3)
Grand Final (BO5)
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

DreamHack  Stockholm Invitational Empty Re: DreamHack Stockholm Invitational

Post by smduff Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:17 pm

Cool keep us updated on his progress.
smduff
smduff
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageNFS Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:39 am

I want that kid's job. No fair...
SavageNFS
SavageNFS
Moderators
Moderators

http://www.sandboxgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:27 am

SavageNFS wrote:I want that kid's job. No fair...
Your right life is not fair...
Be very thankful for what you have. You have a decent career and future. He is lucky he has a very, very supportive father!

Last edited by 4hams on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by smduff Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:06 am

I saw a thing about large oil companies going to these type of events and giving the winners jobs, to control under water subs and shit for there oil rigs, they had to have parental consent if they were under age. The companies paid for teachers to be onboard and schooled the kids before or after there shifts, if I remember right they were paying these kids over 1000,000 a year.
smduff
smduff
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:20 am

Hey Steve if ya can find that article let me know. I am off to practice my submarine simulator game. LOL
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

DreamHack  Stockholm Invitational Empty DreamHack Summer 2011 tournament

Post by 4hams Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:22 am

StarCraft 2 Match of the Week: LiquidHuK vs FOX_Moon
by Nolan Earl 16 hours ago

DreamHack  Stockholm Invitational Huk10

DreamHack is a huge tournamnet held twice a year in Sweden. Last week they hosted the DreamHack Summer 2011 tournament, and the StarCraft 2 field was stacked. In StarCraft: Brood War the Korean progamers were on a different level than all others. In StarCraft 2 it seemed at first, like it would be the same case, but a shift is happening as foreigners (anyone not Korean) begin playing at the same level. The last few foreign tournaments (such as MLG Columbus), Koreans had taken the top three spots. It seemed as if DreamHack would be no different, but the Xel'Naga smiled down on LiquidHuk, the Canadian Protoss who would end up taking first place.

HuK's victory was not taken easily, in the end having to win the last two games in a best of seven against WeMade FOX's Moon in the DreamHack Summer 2011 Grand Finals. The community was also lucky to have Sean "Day9" Plott cast the game with Dignitas' Shaun "Apollo" Clark. The whole tournament is available on Day9's Blip.TV (linked below).

The match up was the best StarCraft that I have ever watched (and I watch a lot of StarCraft 2). The enthusiasm from Day9 and Apollo was perfect and really showed how important the win was for the foreign community.

Chris "HuK" Loranger has been living in Korea for a number of months, playing in the Korea GSL. While recently making it up to the high level Code S, HuK has seen little tournament success against the pool of players there. On a similar level FOX_Moon is a highly regarded WarCraft 3 player that has recently had no success in StarCraft 2, most recently being knocked out of GSL Code A in GSL March.

You would be hard-pressed to find anyone who anticipated HuK and Moon in the Grand Finals, but all were happy to see them really step up their play and make it there.

The Game 7 could not have been better if it was scripted. Moon went with the most cheesey of all cheese strategies, a 6 pool, which HuK luckily held off by scouting Moon's spawn position first. LiquidHuK held off the Zergling attack with a cannon wall-in. After Moon massed up a small Zergling-Roach army for an all-in, HuK killed it off and counter-attacked, forcing Moon to GG. HuK was lifted up into the air by his ecstatic teammates and was met with thunderous cheers from the crowd.

If you watch StarCraft at any level, this is a much see game. A huge win for the foreign scene, and cementing HuK's spot in StarCraft 2 history.

4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by smduff Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:50 am

Wow good for him.
smduff
smduff
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:31 am

Winnings were about $15,000.00 CDN the Team gets 10% he keeps the rest...
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by smduff Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:00 am

Not bad for a few weeks of playing video games......I can't believe I just typed that, WTF I'm in the wrong business LMAO.
smduff
smduff
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum