https://mcstylists-overclock.forumotion.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New build for me...

+5
grumpydaddy
bob2701
4hams
smduff
SavageNFS
9 posters

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

New build for me... - Page 2 Empty Re: New build for me...

Post by 4hams Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:28 pm

I am very impressed already. not just some fine hardware but you are taking the time to look after the little things like wiring which realy makes a build look nice! :Cool:
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by smduff Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:49 pm

Very nice work there, I just finished sleeveing all my stuff for my review just now LOL.
smduff
smduff
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageNFS Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:35 pm

I will be paying extra attention to wiring on this build. With the side window on the case, I don't want it looking like a my Christmas tree lights after I get them off the tree. See my current build for what not to do...LOL.
SavageNFS
SavageNFS
Moderators
Moderators

http://www.sandboxgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageNFS Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:42 pm

The case arrived and sadly no 3.0 USB ports on the front and the hot swap bays are still sporting 3.0 Gb/s. Here are some pictures showing the original boards shipped.
New build for me... - Page 2 2011-02-18_15-04-53_81
New build for me... - Page 2 2011-02-18_15-05-54_522
New build for me... - Page 2 2011-02-18_15-05-10_160
New build for me... - Page 2 2011-02-18_15-06-26_514
Clearly see the 2.0 USB's. 3.0 would be blue.
New build for me... - Page 2 2011-02-18_15-06-05_370
3.0 Gb/s board for hot swap bays. I lost my pic of the new style board. According to the Corsair forums the revised Sata 6.0 boards will be available really soon. So I will order one of those when they are available. The USB 3.0 is already available, but I'll wait to order it when the hot swap board is also available. There are some people over at the Corsair forums reporting their cases were shipped with the new boards. I bought mine off Amazon for about $20 cheaper than newegg and probably should have stuck with newegg...LOL

I was able to get some fans mocked today for installation on to the radiators. I hot glued them in place to make it easier to install the fans on top of the radiator and still be able to screw the fans to the top of the case. I've never done this before and I'm hoping this makes it a little easier.
New build for me... - Page 2 2011-02-18_11-55-03_388
New build for me... - Page 2 2011-02-18_11-55-20_279
New build for me... - Page 2 2011-02-18_12-34-19_914
Note the rubber corners on the fans. No hard plastic touches the case or the radiator and these fans are durable, move 51 cfm's at 19dba and more importantly around 35 cfm at 9 dba.

A couple shots of the AX 1200 and the cables it came with...
New build for me... - Page 2 2011-02-18_10-19-57_838
New build for me... - Page 2 2011-02-18_10-22-03_235

Probably not a whole lot of progress this weekend as we have a busy one ahead of us, but I hope to get the radiators, fans and power supply installed on Monday. I'll post a pic when I get those mounted. If this thread is getting too cluttered with all the pics, let me know and I'll post less. Not sure how much of this stuff you all actually want to see or not. It is always fun for the builder, but not always fun for anyone else! Thanks again!
SavageNFS
SavageNFS
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:55 pm

Thanks for the pics Savage!
Cool that you will be able to get Sata3 and USB 3 in the future.

I don't know that I would have hot glued the fans to the rad. I have the type of luck that as soon as i would have done that I would have a fan go bad...

Hope you have much better luck than me.

Are you going Push/Pull on the rads? And have ya given any thought to air intake/exhaust and flow throughout the case?
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageNFS Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:35 pm

Thanks 4hams...

Hot glue is temporary glue at best...it comes off pretty easily. I'm not worried about loosing one of the NB's any time soon, but if I do, it will come off pretty easily. I'm a Cub Master and we use hot glue on a lot of our Cub Scout projects...it never holds up to much resistance.

I'm anticipating exhausting the three on top (the fans will between the radiator and the top of the case, sucking air from within the case through the radiator and out the top of the case). On the bottom, the air will flow into the case through the bottom of the case through the radiator and into the case being pulled by the fans mounted on top of the radiator (this may get reversed to fans underneath the radiator as I have to mod the bottom of the case...we'll see). I plan on having the single rear 140mm fan intake into the case.

I don't anticipate needing push/pull...yet. I may end up going that route in the future. I want to try it out and monitor temps/noise before I go adding fans. I really want this to be as quiet of a case as possible unless I'm really pushing it in which case I won't care at all about noise. That is going to be the nice thing about the Koolance control board doing all of the pump and fan control. It's some bucks, but automated control for the win in that department with manual overrides for when I'm benching at some point in the future.
SavageNFS
SavageNFS
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageNFS Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:43 pm

Found it! This is the 6.o Gb/s kit I am waiting for Corsair to officially release. The forums over there say it is a matter of days...
New build for me... - Page 2 003air
Below is the new USB 3.0 front panel board I mentioned earlier. It's only $15 plus shipping so it's not too bad.
New build for me... - Page 2 Usb3_2
SavageNFS
SavageNFS
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageNFS Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:48 pm

After looking closer at my hot swap board, it truns out I do have the new Sata 3 board! w00t!!! I feel kind of stupid not recognizing it right away, but it matches what I just posted. The older style are individual boards for each hot swap bay. Happy to feel stupid about this!
SavageNFS
SavageNFS
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:51 pm

Does the USB panel come with all the wiring to attach to the motherboard?
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageNFS Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:54 pm

4hams wrote:Does the USB panel come with all the wiring to attach to the motherboard?

yep Wink
linky
SavageNFS
SavageNFS
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:11 pm

Oh that is nice!

Duff and I are in the chat room at the bottom.
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by bob2701 Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:27 pm

I saw your post with the pictures and was about to reply that you already had the new SATA 3 board when I came across this post. I just sent in a request for a RMA to replace 2 of the SATA 2 boards and I hope they send the new SATA3 setup.

Good luck with the case and build.

SavageNFS wrote:After looking closer at my hot swap board, it truns out I do have the new Sata 3 board! w00t!!! I feel kind of stupid not recognizing it right away, but it matches what I just posted. The older style are individual boards for each hot swap bay. Happy to feel stupid about this!
bob2701
bob2701
Respected Forum Idividuals
Respected Forum Idividuals

Back to top Go down

Post by grumpydaddy Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:45 pm

You mentioned early in this thread tat you run a program with what was it iterations of a design?....... I take it this is a good implementation of multi-threading as this is a full on multi thread monster of a build.

I am enjoying reading about this one...just wish it was mine
grumpydaddy
grumpydaddy
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageNFS Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:48 pm

I sell steel for buildings. The design program that designs the frames (columns and rafters or girders) is the monster part of the program. With all the different analysis that needs to be done to optimize the frame to be as light as possible, but yet still pass applicable building codes apparently is the equivalent of landing on the moon...
SavageNFS
SavageNFS
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageNFS Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:56 am

So I'm not feeling the best today. I did take apart the bottom bays and cut the bottom for the dual 120mm radiator. I'll have to wait for some an covers, molding and screws to mount the Radiator or Fans.
New build for me... - Page 2 2011-02-21_11-19-27_219
New build for me... - Page 2 2011-02-21_12-18-51_609
Any opinions on the fans being mounted on top the Radiator, pulling air from the bottom of the case through the radiator OR on the bottom of the radiator pushing air through the radiator?
SavageNFS
SavageNFS
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by smduff Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:25 pm

I think they should be setup in a push configuration personally, you need to get a dust cover setup under there for sure you don't want your rad getting plugged up with dust, just a little preventative maintenance goes a long way.

In my current case the rad is on the bottom of the chassis sucking in air from the bottom, mind you I have some massive fans (133.6CFM) sucking in all the dust from the house LOL and they need to be cleaned every couple of weeks.

You don't want to have to take you rig apart because of dust, just to blow out your rad. Just in case you haven't thought of it make sure you have a drain line at the lowest point in your chassis to make cleaning your system out easier on yourself.
smduff
smduff
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageNFS Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:34 pm

I'm still planning on how I am going to drain each loop. I'm trying to figure out a clean way to do it. Baby steps for now.
SavageNFS
SavageNFS
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:41 pm

I have the same opinion as duff that fans are to push air through the rad, but I also like the idea of push/pull when possible for max airflow.

But you also have to look at the available room and how it is going to look as you are the lucky owner of this rig.

This link may help with dust filters and such. http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l2/g36/c223/list/p1/Fans-Fan_Filters.html?gclid=CIvGsPL_macCFQTNKgodGH6_eA
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageNFS Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:46 pm

I ordered a couple of billet aluminum grills for the bottom that should be here in a couple of days. I figured if the fans were on top, I could blow compressed (canned) air from the top down through the radiator to clean them. I have filters on my rig upstairs and they help, but I find I'm cleaning it just as much. We'll see once the grills arrive and how everything fits back in the case.
SavageNFS
SavageNFS
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:49 pm

4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:50 pm

SavageNFS wrote:I ordered a couple of billet aluminum grills for the bottom that should be here in a couple of days. I figured if the fans were on top, I could blow compressed (canned) air from the top down through the radiator to clean them. I have filters on my rig upstairs and they help, but I find I'm cleaning it just as much. We'll see once the grills arrive and how everything fits back in the case.
I hear ya as i have filters on all mine and the case still gets filthy.
I think it would look better if ya saw the fans above the radiator if that helps at all in decision making...
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageNFS Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:54 pm

that is pretty cool
SavageNFS
SavageNFS
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:03 pm

Ya I like the idea of those being magnetic and just slapping them on the bottom of the case and pealing them off when needing a clean. Thought that would be nice and easy.

Sorry to hear your a little under the weather. is it a self inflicted illness? LOL
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by grumpydaddy Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:15 pm

Push or pull???

Simply put, @1600 or so rpm the performance is equal, less rpm go for pull, more rpm go for push, (all assuming 25mm fans) push pull will give a ~30% increase in performance

Source http://martinsliquidlab.petrastech.com/Radiator-Fan-Orientation-And-Shroud-Testing-Review.html

Top performing fan for noise/cfm performance on a rad is the Gentle typhoon still

Source http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=261778

Edit: Filters??? stretch pantyhose over the bottom of the rig...Your women will leave some for you I'm sure ROTFLMAO

Last edited by grumpydaddy on Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
grumpydaddy
grumpydaddy
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageNFS Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:16 pm

No, I wish it was the brown bottle flu! I just got a terrible cold over the weekend. I'm sure I'll be better in a couple of days. I wanted a billet grill on the bottom to ensure nothing poked up to the radiator. I'm afraid the magnetic kind won't work with the grills I ordered. I can use standard filters, but will have to remove the grills to clean them. Not too smart of me...oh well.
SavageNFS
SavageNFS
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next