What brand cases have you used on your current and previous builds ? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

https://mcstylists-overclock.forumotion.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What brand cases have you used on your current and previous builds ?

+3
oshimaida
4hams
McstylisT
7 posters

Go down

What brand cases have you use on your current and previous builds ?

What brand cases have you used on your current and previous builds ? I_vote_lcap22%What brand cases have you used on your current and previous builds ? I_vote_rcap 22% 
[ 5 ]
What brand cases have you used on your current and previous builds ? I_vote_lcap17%What brand cases have you used on your current and previous builds ? I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 4 ]
What brand cases have you used on your current and previous builds ? I_vote_lcap9%What brand cases have you used on your current and previous builds ? I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
What brand cases have you used on your current and previous builds ? I_vote_lcap0%What brand cases have you used on your current and previous builds ? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What brand cases have you used on your current and previous builds ? I_vote_lcap17%What brand cases have you used on your current and previous builds ? I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 4 ]
What brand cases have you used on your current and previous builds ? I_vote_lcap9%What brand cases have you used on your current and previous builds ? I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
What brand cases have you used on your current and previous builds ? I_vote_lcap4%What brand cases have you used on your current and previous builds ? I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
What brand cases have you used on your current and previous builds ? I_vote_lcap4%What brand cases have you used on your current and previous builds ? I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 23

What brand cases have you used on your current and previous builds ? Empty What brand cases have you used on your current and previous builds ?

Post by McstylisT Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:57 pm

The title asked the question to hand really. ?

I am personally really impressed with CoolerMaster cases. They have always been there or there abouts the top brand for me but with some of the quality and performance of there latest cases they have won over my custom for any future builds.

My previous cases were :

CoolerMaster 690 v2 - current case
SilverStone Sugo SG01
CoolerMaster RC-532 Centurion
Thermaltake Armor black 11 bay full tower
Jeantech Phong 2

Id say that basically my mentality was use different cases , obviously better than the last but wanted something different every time.
Though now experienced a few builds over the years , I pretty much know what i like and will look for CoolerMaster brand hi end compact cases from now on.

I am guessing we are going to have some interesting answers here.
:yourock:

McT

Last edited by McstylisT on Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

What brand cases have you used on your current and previous builds ? Empty Re: What brand cases have you used on your current and previous builds ?

Post by 4hams Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:32 pm

I guess it depends on the build and the internal components being used. For many years i have used and tested a large number of optical drives but that is something that is a dying bread compared to a few years ago. I still use and have 3 installed and may move to Blu-Ray?

First case that I chose for cooling was a Pheonix Enermax, Before that i just got any case that would fit what I had to put in it. the case was a decent case for it's time but does not compare to those available today.

Currently i use a CM STORM SNIPER Black Edition. It is an awesome case with the supplied fans and lighting. The filters are excellent and overall colling is spectacular. it is a mid tower with 5 5.25 drive bays. it is a very large wide mid tower case.

I just built this rig so will probably stick with it for some time to come. My hardware is all ready for the new 6 cores which should be available soon so I will not have to change the case. smile
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

What brand cases have you used on your current and previous builds ? Empty Re: What brand cases have you used on your current and previous builds ?

Post by oshimaida Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:50 pm

My wife says:Not another case,How many now!!!
You see I,m a bit of a case nut and as I build for my own pleasure I,ve a few around me (literally) at present whilst I type this.
Let me explain:-
Just finished changing out my #1 rig from the nvidia 680I ref mobo to Abits p35 pro xe c/w Q6600 and the new Noctua NH-D14 cooler,yes its a beastand it does fit my
Antec 902 case which I love to bits for now!!
Just pror to this I built up a stock of Coolermaster cases and I have just put together an Abit it7-max2 v.2/northy 2.8 o/c,d to 3.4.
I used a Cooler master elite 334 case and this accepts just, a Scythe Infinity to keep the Northy cool.
I,ve 3* Coolermaster centurian 5* cases, 2* Coolermaster Scouts,1*Coolermaster 590 and housing my back-up to the back-up rig is the Coolermaster 340 imo abit too small to house any thing decent.
Oh I,ve a Thermaltake Soprano to go at too,
BUt I,ve a bit of a dilema at present as I,ve 2 of the Antec cp 850 psu,s and to use one of them I,ll have to buy a 1200 or a 183,193.
BUT I really like the Corsair Obsidian 800d -good build quality and plenty of room,then again Corsair are to enter a 700d onto the market soon-maybe that one will do.
Oh!!! choices ,choices more forethoughtrequired,at least it,s keeping the alzheimers away
oshimaida
oshimaida
Respected Forum Idividuals

Back to top Go down

Post by smduff Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:31 pm

It doesn't look like i can vote but you can put me down for 5 or 6 of each brand there plus a few you don't have, with the exception of the Corsair.
smduff
smduff
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bob2701 Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:06 pm

For years I used cheap steel cases but latley I have been using Lian Li and love them. Clean lines and everything fits.
bob2701
bob2701

Back to top Go down

Post by McstylisT Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:29 am

smduff wrote:It doesn't look like i can vote but you can put me down for 5 or 6 of each brand there plus a few you don't have, with the exception of the Corsair.

LOL ,, sorry dude. Blush :Angel: I check whats up with that right away. Maybe something simple as the voting was set to 20 days rather than continuing. Please check again my friend.

McT
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smduff Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:06 pm

still a no go for me
smduff
smduff
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McstylisT Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:57 pm

I have added the option to cancel a posters choices. Hopefully the option will appear and you can then truly cast your opinions.

Thanks dude.

McT
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McstylisT Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:31 am

smduff wrote:still a no go for me

All sorted now. Silly special permissions not enabled for mods. Done.
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smduff Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:12 pm

Thanks M8
smduff
smduff
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zebadee Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:28 pm

Hi smile
I use a Chieftec tower case.
http://www.chieftec.com/ba-01b-b-b.html
zebadee
zebadee
Admin
Admin

http://knowledgetree.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinman Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:46 pm

Thermaltake Shark Full Tower is what I am using at the moment
On my next build I will prob stick with this brand again
Vinman
Vinman
DVD Ranger Support Admin
DVD Ranger Support Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McstylisT Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:27 am

Vinman wrote:Thermaltake Shark Full Tower is what I am using at the moment
On my next build I will prob stick with this brand again

Check around Vinny. Those cases were probably the best Thermaltake made around that period. Since they have yet to continue in such a way. Many other cases out there now that leave them standing. Ask smduff when the time arises for some review links.
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinman Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:02 pm

has to be full tower slide out MB tray 11 bays or more solid toolless good circulation and reasonably priced
Vinman
Vinman
DVD Ranger Support Admin
DVD Ranger Support Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McstylisT Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:40 pm

Vinman wrote:has to be full tower slide out MB tray 11 bays or more solid toolless good circulation and reasonably priced

I am sure you could cover 90% of those requirements except the 11 bays. Most cases now are looking more compact , though not at all small.

Nearer the time i am sure there will be some hot new releases out that will be of interest.

McT
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinman Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:18 pm

well with the size of hard drives getting bigger and cheaper, the need for 11 bays is no longer needed but got to have a minimum of 5 dvd bays up front for spare dvd drives lol!
Vinman
Vinman
DVD Ranger Support Admin
DVD Ranger Support Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McstylisT Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:36 pm

Hey Vinny

with regards to the hd's space, even the smaller mid sized towers have the side mounted HD cages/areas now. Id be "surprised" if you got less than 4/5 drives in a good quality tower nowdays.
This leaves the full 5 bays for DVD Drives if wished. :Cool:
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down