Unlock Phenom II X4 and turn it into a X6

Go down

Unlock Phenom II X4 and turn it into a X6 Empty Unlock Phenom II X4 and turn it into a X6

Post by 4hams on Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:31 pm

Exclusive – ASRock 890GX Extreme3 Motherboard is first board to unlock Phenom II X4 and turn it into a X6
Posted on 16 April 2010 by blueto
oth

ASRock Inc., the global leading motherboard manufacturer today proudly announced its brand new AMD 890GX Extreme3 motherboard supporting ASRock UCC function that allows CPU cores upgrade from X4 to X6 of AMD’s upcoming PhenomII X4 960T processor. This will be a value-added news to ASRock motherboard functionability and practicability and we believe that computer enthusiasts will be definitely attracted by our cutting-edge AMD motherboards.
How many cores do you desire? The answer must be “as many as possible”. It seems a daydream for most users; however, ASRock brings magic to our fan again and makes your dreams come true! ASRock has exclusive equipped with an ASRock UCC chip and specially tuned UCC (Unlock CPU Core) function in the BIOS of their 890GX Extreme3 motherboard to unlock the mind-blowing performance of AMD’s upcoming PhenomII X4 960T CPU. Just a simple switch of the BIOS option ‘UCC’, users can unlock the extra CPU core to enjoy an instant performance boost! Enabling the UCC function in BIOS, AMD PhenomII X4 960T CPU might be upgraded to X6, users are able to take advantage of ASRock superior 890GX Extreme3 Motherboard. (*The success rate of this enhancement depends on the individual CPU.)

Read the full article with screenshoots here.
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Unlock Phenom II X4 and turn it into a X6 Empty Re: Unlock Phenom II X4 and turn it into a X6

Post by McstylisT on Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:42 pm

An awesome read. Thanks for posting.

Though i am sure smd can confirm this more than others but its very cpu dependant. Not ALL will be a successful unlock. Some will be always unstable others rock solid. Though by the sound of things this could be the best AMD chipset ever released.

I know the current unlocking is hit and miss.

McT

MY I7 @ 4GHZ , 12GB DDR3 , 2x ATI 5770 CrossFire X SYSTEM

McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

https://mcstylists-overclock.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Unlock Phenom II X4 and turn it into a X6 Empty Re: Unlock Phenom II X4 and turn it into a X6

Post by 4hams on Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:46 pm

If they can isolate which chips will unlock by a serial # or something you can bet people will be hunting them down like a DO Intel rather than a CO.
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by McstylisT on Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:01 pm

Yeah for sure.

Many like to do it with the current Phenom x2 550 3ghz dual costing about £75. Most can unlock and clock to nearly 4ghz quad core. That is better than most 955 can manage. So the potential is there and its great to have. Just hope there is a way of finding ways of success rather than gamble.

MY I7 @ 4GHZ , 12GB DDR3 , 2x ATI 5770 CrossFire X SYSTEM

McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

https://mcstylists-overclock.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum