https://mcstylists-overclock.forumotion.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMD X6 CPU's benchmarked !! As good as you thought ?

3 posters

Go down

AMD X6 CPU's benchmarked !! As good as you thought ? Empty AMD X6 CPU's benchmarked !! As good as you thought ?

Post by McstylisT Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:49 am

Here is a really good benchmark release for the new and coming AMD 6x CPU. I admit im not surprised but still disappointed with the results shown here. smile

The real world deficit of 2 extra cores should be hugely advanced as we currently see in the Intel x6 CPU.

*** CLICK TO SEE THE EARLY RELEASED BENCHMARKS NOW ***
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

AMD X6 CPU's benchmarked !! As good as you thought ? Empty Re: AMD X6 CPU's benchmarked !! As good as you thought ?

Post by 4hams Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:00 am

ya Craig it does not impress me either. My 3D Mark score beats it.
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

AMD X6 CPU's benchmarked !! As good as you thought ? Empty Re: AMD X6 CPU's benchmarked !! As good as you thought ?

Post by McstylisT Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:09 am

The Everest tests are poor too. Even when the Q6600 was released , they showed massive gains for extra cores. I think we are beginning to see why the will be £200 pricing.

Just my personal opinion here :D
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:10 am

Ya looks like they cannot compete for raw poor
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by smduff Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:58 am

OK so 1.4v > 4.2 GHz on a 790GX chipset and only using a 300W PSU? I'm sure we will see better when the 890FX chipsets are released, and probably would have been even better with at least the 890GX chipset here for these tests. Not to mention this is only on air although it does look like a pretty beefy cooler, I don't think you guys have the right perspective here you haven't considered all the variables in this test, I however remain steadfast in my opinion that this will blow the i7 920 right up to the dare I say the 965 out of the water.

AMD X6 CPU's benchmarked !! As good as you thought ? Phenom_OC

Here is a little something.
smduff
smduff
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:35 pm

Hey Steve the size of the power supply did shock me but the overal scores where nothing to write home about. I hope these puppies blow Intel out of the water!!! I really do cause if so it will be my next build. The price for the intel stuff is just goofy!

How is that new Cooler/Chiller you got? Are ya gonna post some screenies and some tests? Love to see them!
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by smduff Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:08 pm

I'm waiting on a retention bracket to install should be here some time next week I hope.
smduff
smduff
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McstylisT Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:20 pm

smduff wrote:OK so 1.4v > 4.2 GHz on a 790GX chipset and only using a 300W PSU? I'm sure we will see better when the 890FX chipsets are released, and probably would have been even better with at least the 890GX chipset here for these tests. Not to mention this is only on air although it does look like a pretty beefy cooler, I don't think you guys have the right perspective here you haven't considered all the variables in this test, I however remain steadfast in my opinion that this will blow the i7 920 right up to the dare I say the 965 out of the water.

AMD X6 CPU's benchmarked !! As good as you thought ? Phenom_OC

Here is a little something.

Some fair points Steve , thinking I agree on most of those factors.

But even a decent motherboard and an better psu would not do miracles with things like the bench numbers. I mean like running a P2 955 on a real basic am2+ motherboard with cheap ddr2 5300 and a 300w psu for instance. Yeah its going to improve with a 785 chipset , some DDR3 1600 , and a beefy 850w psu. But by how much ?? Nothing spectacular at all.

I do not in anyway dislike AMD. I will be using AMD for my HTPC build hopefully this year some time. Fancy a change and will be considering a AM2+/AM3 platform. I think the price of there Dual cores is excellent :D

I just like to make it clear they are not in Intel's league in terms of CPU's. I fully expect a six core cpu to blow any quad core off the scale. Like the first quads did to the duals when they were released. This has not happened this time round has it. Only on the Intel 980x side of things to be perfectly honest. It is still early days and those benchmarks were probably ES samples. Nothing like the retail releases will be.

They will clock better , but if they were really that good and an i7 killer then AMD would have not wasted any time labelling the " i7 killer " for marketing purposes. They havent.

It should outperform a i7 at stock. No doubt. But from my sources ( those who have been lucky enough to have used them now , prior to release ) have said " dont get too excited " !! !! These are AMD Fanboys too. They want things to changed but it seems they wont. The current i7 @ 4ghz matches any results from these new x6 processors.

Time will tell for sure , but from my interpretation things do not look as fantastic as the AMD army would like us to believe.
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smduff Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:26 pm

You are right AMD would have labeled them the Intel killer if that were the case however these are being marketed as an equivalent to the I7 CPU, the I7 killer will be the Bulldozer CPU which will be released sometime in 2011 hopefully sooner rather that later hehe.

Don't get me wrong I can give Intel the props that they deserve they have done a fantastic job no doubt. But what AMD is doing is giving you real world applications at a reasonable price unlike Intel whom only seem to cater to the enthusiast or the rich, for joe blow on the street working 9 to 5 their CPU's are a unrealistic price.

Look at the 980 1100US you could bye a AMD 1095T OC the shit out of it get a few SSD's in raid 0 and a few other item's for the same price as the one chip from intel.

As for the overclock you know as well as I do chipsets affect things like speed when it comes to benching HDD or SSD, USB ect the BIOS is where the OC happens and a regular board just won't cut it, so to test a new chip on a old board that it wasn't really designed for like a 790GX isn't really a fair comparison.
smduff
smduff
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McstylisT Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:16 pm

smduff wrote:You are right AMD would have labeled them the Intel killer if that were the case however these are being marketed as an equivalent to the I7 CPU, the I7 killer will be the Bulldozer CPU which will be released sometime in 2011 hopefully sooner rather that later hehe.

Don't get me wrong I can give Intel the props that they deserve they have done a fantastic job no doubt. But what AMD is doing is giving you real world applications at a reasonable price unlike Intel whom only seem to cater to the enthusiast or the rich, for joe blow on the street working 9 to 5 their CPU's are a unrealistic price.

Look at the 980 1100US you could bye a AMD 1095T OC the shit out of it get a few SSD's in raid 0 and a few other item's for the same price as the one chip from intel.

As for the overclock you know as well as I do chipsets affect things like speed when it comes to benching HDD or SSD, USB ect the BIOS is where the OC happens and a regular board just won't cut it, so to test a new chip on a old board that it wasn't really designed for like a 790GX isn't really a fair comparison.

Thanks for the great reply dude smile

That is a really good point Steve. Wink wink I should have considered potential OC in that. Obviously as you mentioned its not going to do anything on an old board like the one i mentioned. Point taken there sick2

For me its a great thing AMD are doing , a six core cpu for £200-£400 range is excellent for the every day user indeed. I can think of 10 people off the top of my head where these would blow there minds. smile. Though point being i am Enthusiast as are many of us around the boards. We like the best , when its marketed as one thing then touted as another its misleading from my perspective. Word travels fast and before you know it the " idea and concept " of what AMD have attempted to do here with the x6 is lost. Due to the same boring Intel vs AMD saga as im sure you'd agree.

I really hope these turn out to be a top CPU all round. This is the only way Intel can be forced there hand , and to adjust prices. I agree Intels pricing is criminal. But in the hard world of business that is how it goes. AMD need to really put pressure on Intel to flatten the overall price of a high end processor. As it stands that league is owned by Intel and they basically price it as they wish at this moment in time. Which is wrong , but with nothing out there touching it you can see why.

McT
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:39 pm

hey Steve don't tell anyone but the wifes computer is an old AMD Athlon 64 @ 2.2 GHz with 2 gigs of ram.

It is one of the best running computers we have ever owned, but i did not say that. LOL
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by smduff Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:39 pm

I know the truth hurts sometimes LOL and no worries my lips are sealed.
smduff
smduff
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McstylisT Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:56 am

Have to echo Joels comments here , I had a 939 x2 4200 @ 2.2ghz when they were released. Monster processor in its day. Worked with the best of them and went along really really well. A truly reliable processor. I also used the x2 6000 on AM2 from a long time. For me it matched the rival E6600 all day long.

I even went with the original phenom 9500 quad but then things changed as they no longer competed in my book.
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down