https://mcstylists-overclock.forumotion.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FIREFOX ADDON-"BETTER PRIVACY 1.47"

5 posters

Go down

FIREFOX ADDON-"BETTER PRIVACY 1.47" Empty FIREFOX ADDON-"BETTER PRIVACY 1.47"

Post by oshimaida Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:49 am

Picked up on another thread about the above and as I,m pretty keen on security stuff I went and pulled off the info to have a read before install,---Frightening these LSO,s!!!!
Installed it and configured it to delete when I close my browser, not noticed any thing untoward happening since and it surprises me who puts them on so I think its a headsup for this unless someone has a bit of info on it -post here and let us know.
oshimaida
oshimaida
Respected Forum Idividuals

Back to top Go down

FIREFOX ADDON-"BETTER PRIVACY 1.47" Empty Re: FIREFOX ADDON-"BETTER PRIVACY 1.47"

Post by 4hams Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:06 pm

I think Craig and Zebadee both use Firefox so they may be able to help with this. I still use ie or Google chrome.
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

FIREFOX ADDON-"BETTER PRIVACY 1.47" Empty Re: FIREFOX ADDON-"BETTER PRIVACY 1.47"

Post by SithTracy Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:13 am

I'm a fan of NoScript and Adblock Plus. Prevents the flash stuff from loading... Now, once you allow it, you're in trouble. Adobe Flash needs to go... problem is so much relies on it. We need something on the net that complies to standards and does not have sneaky back doors and spy tactics that can't be tracked... Big brother will always be watching though.
SithTracy
SithTracy

Back to top Go down

Post by McstylisT Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:37 pm

I have since switched over from FF to Google Chrome now days. Permanently. Never needed to go back.

Sounds like a good addon to install though. Why not. I always feel safer in FF , cant say why. But for me now Chrome is just the fastest browser out there. FF has gone sluggish for me personally over the past few updates.

I will read up more on this addon also.

Thanks

McT
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zebadee Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:53 pm

Hi smile
I do not really use FF, though the addons do work in my experience.
However still rather use either IE or Opera.
Google is too buggy.
BTW Craig might be why you are having odd problems with xat. Wink

Found this regarding FF slowdown.

"Firefox slowdown - One thing I can confirm with Firefox is that it does slow down over time as its databases grow even with regular history clean-ups, especially with long term heavy everyday use.

A simple way to restore Firefox performance is to do the following every couple of months:

1. Backup Firefox's bookmarks (Bookmarks menu -> Organize Bookmarks -> "Import and Backup" menu -> Backup).
2. Take note of any Firefox extensions you use, as some may need to be reinstalled.
3. Close completely out of Firefox.
4. Go into the Start menu -> Run, type "%appdata%\Mozilla", click 'OK'.
5. Rename "Firefox" to something else, e.g. "Firefox Back".
6. Start Firefox and choose the "Don't import anything" option.
7. Restore Firefox's bookmarks (Bookmarks menu -> Organize Bookmarks -> "Import and Backup" menu -> Restore -> Choose File)
8. Restart Firefox and then check if there are any extensions you need to install again.
Sean"
zebadee
zebadee
Admin
Admin

http://knowledgetree.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by McstylisT Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:14 am

zebadee wrote:Hi smile
I do not really use FF, though the addons do work in my experience.
However still rather use either IE or Opera.
Google is too buggy.
BTW Craig might be why you are having odd problems with xat. Wink

Found this regarding FF slowdown.

"Firefox slowdown - One thing I can confirm with Firefox is that it does slow down over time as its databases grow even with regular history clean-ups, especially with long term heavy everyday use.

A simple way to restore Firefox performance is to do the following every couple of months:

1. Backup Firefox's bookmarks (Bookmarks menu -> Organize Bookmarks -> "Import and Backup" menu -> Backup).
2. Take note of any Firefox extensions you use, as some may need to be reinstalled.
3. Close completely out of Firefox.
4. Go into the Start menu -> Run, type "%appdata%\Mozilla", click 'OK'.
5. Rename "Firefox" to something else, e.g. "Firefox Back".
6. Start Firefox and choose the "Don't import anything" option.
7. Restore Firefox's bookmarks (Bookmarks menu -> Organize Bookmarks -> "Import and Backup" menu -> Restore -> Choose File)
8. Restart Firefox and then check if there are any extensions you need to install again.
Sean"

Nice post Zeb , and you are more likely correct as i do experience some script errors on other web pages. It started to happen when the browsers were changed. I will test with ff soon. Though stangely enough the chat is working fine since that one strange day. ?????
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down