The official " Show us your PC " Thread - All Welcome Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

https://mcstylists-overclock.forumotion.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official " Show us your PC " Thread - All Welcome

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The official " Show us your PC " Thread - All Welcome Empty The official " Show us your PC " Thread - All Welcome

Post by McstylisT Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:42 am

Attention ALL MEMBERS Attention

:This thread has been created in the name of fun and interest. It is open for everyone to join in and post there current or past pc's , personally built or bought. This is not a bragging thread , please have respect for all posts here as offending posts will not be taken lightly. We are a friendly professional forum and we will be keeping things that way.

Apart from that i would like you all to have fun in this thread. :HAHA:

Thank you for your Co-operation on this. :yourock:

Forum Admin & Moderator team

Last edited by McstylisT on Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The official " Show us your PC " Thread - All Welcome Empty Re: The official " Show us your PC " Thread - All Welcome

Post by McstylisT Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:33 am

Here is my inclusion to the thread. This is my current system custom built in summer 2009. :clapjoy:

These pictures were taken at the time of initial creation. More recent ones will be added at a later date.

MY FULL SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS

CASE: CoolerMaster Dominator 690 1series , revision 2

PSU: Thermaltake ToughPower 850w Quad Rail Modular PSU

MOBO: DFI X58 LanParty JR T3H6 Series , Micro ATX factor

CPU: Intel "D0 " i7 920 SLEBJ 1366 Quad core , 8 threaded processor. Clocked @ 3.68ghz

COOLER: Corsair CWC H50 Hydro CPU Cooler 1366 , 2 fan setup with push , pull configuration.

RAM: 12285MB (12GB , 6x 2GB Modules) Corsair XMS3 TR3X6G1600C9 1600mhz memory 9-9-9-24-2T @ 1.65. Current clocked @ 1400mhz @ 1.5v

STORAGE: 4.5TB Hard drive storage over 4 units , 1x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB , 7200rpm , 32MB Catch / 1x Samsung Eco Green F2 1.5TB 5400rpm , 32MB Catch / 1x Western Digital Cavair Green 1TB , 7200rpm 32MB Catch / 1x Western Digital Green my Book essential , External 1TB 5400rpm , 32Mb Catch

GRAPHICS: ATI SAPPHIRE HD5770 GDDR5 850mhz , 1024MB Version **NEW**

DISPLAYS: Panasonic 32" 1080i LCD TV , Via HDMI

OPERATING SYS: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium , 64bit OEM Version.

First some shots of the case itself out of the box prior to the buld.

The official " Show us your PC " Thread - All Welcome Photo0348640x480
The official " Show us your PC " Thread - All Welcome Photo0345640x480

Then the internal heart of the system was carefully put together before installation. Currently have added H50 cooler & Extra 6GB of memory
The official " Show us your PC " Thread - All Welcome Photo0297c

A shot of the system when originally complete. Picture only features stock cooler at the time. Internals not tied at this stage.
The official " Show us your PC " Thread - All Welcome User763pic1691251411200
The official " Show us your PC " Thread - All Welcome Photo0347640x480

The Corsar H50 after originally fitting , again currently using two fans on either side.
The official " Show us your PC " Thread - All Welcome Photo0372800x600

The build seated fully up and running.
The official " Show us your PC " Thread - All Welcome User763pic1681251411200
The official " Show us your PC " Thread - All Welcome User763pic1671251411200

The new Card to the system , ATI Sapphire 5770 1GB GDDR5 850mhz
The official " Show us your PC " Thread - All Welcome 5770box
The official " Show us your PC " Thread - All Welcome 5770

Last edited by McstylisT on Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:03 pm; edited 4 times in total
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The official " Show us your PC " Thread - All Welcome Empty Re: The official " Show us your PC " Thread - All Welcome

Post by Hugo Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:21 am

Is your monster machine kept in the kitchen Craig.
Hugo
Hugo
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by McstylisT Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:23 am

Hugo wrote:Is your monster machine kept in the kitchen Craig.

No , that is my assembly chamber ....... lol! Got a big surface area so most of my creations are born there.

The last two shots of it in the bedroom is where the monster lives day to day. :hahapirate:
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:39 am

OK, I am having a less than stellar brain power moment. How do I post a pic of my computer on the thread? I am still learning this website's features.
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl
Respected Forum Idividuals

Back to top Go down

Post by zebadee Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:38 am

Hi smile
Try
Click the area marked by the red box.
Click the Choose button (blue box - more common term would be browse).
The the Host it button (yellow box).

The official " Show us your PC " Thread - All Welcome 20-03-12

Then use the Copy button shown by mouse to do just that.
I then click post area & select copy.
You use the Upload button (red box).
To add to your account (see next post).

The official " Show us your PC " Thread - All Welcome 20-03-13

An lternative would be something like ImageShack, which is similar to above.

Last edited by zebadee on Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
zebadee
zebadee
Admin
Admin

http://knowledgetree.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zebadee Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:42 am

Hi smile
BTW.
You get an email using the above method.

The official " Show us your PC " Thread - All Welcome 20-03-14

The official " Show us your PC " Thread - All Welcome 20-03-15
zebadee
zebadee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McstylisT Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:27 pm

Great post Zeb , very helpful.

Vampire Girl you can also just use a photobucket or imageshack file server if you wish , though the way mentioned by Zeb seems a lot quicker.

McT
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zebadee Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:34 pm

McstylisT wrote:Great post Zeb , very helpful.

Vampire Girl you can also just use a photobucket or imageshack file server if you wish , though the way mentioned by Zeb seems a lot quicker.

McT

Hi smile
Thanks.
I also mention imageshack.
Why the method I posted above is good.
You have an account for images loaded for this site all in one handy folder.
If you wish you can still copy & paste in other forums too. Wink
Best of both worlds. lol!
zebadee
zebadee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:57 pm

Well it is almost 2am here... I will have to try your instructions tomorrow!! Thank You!!

:sleep:
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by McstylisT Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:43 am

Looking forward to seeing your addition to the thread VG. :yourock:

Got this idea in my head its going to be something dark , with an essence of wow about it. Some red in the somewhere too. :D

McT
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:41 am

Oh you give me too much credit... if i had the money to replace what i lost then yes it would probably be red though i have a penchant for purple All I have is my laptop now and it is nothing super fambulous.. well its my custom baby girl.. not like my olbig girl rigg was... sigh. I'll post pics of both though but you may have seen themat my other home in my album there. Wink
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by McstylisT Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:47 am

Vampire Girl wrote:Oh you give me too much credit... if i had the money to replace what i lost then yes it would probably be red though i have a penchant for purple All I have is my laptop now and it is nothing super fambulous.. well its my custom baby girl.. not like my olbig girl rigg was... sigh. I'll post pics of both though but you may have seen themat my other home in my album there. Wink

Sorry to hear that VG. Anything lost is not good. Still very interested in seeing what makes you web bound though. Its all good fun.

Will be looking at your other profile shortly. Wink wink

McT
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:10 am

I am glad you liked it. I loved it too. But i can't take full credit for the "build". I knew what pieces and parts I wanted, but iBuyPower put it together for me. Unfortuantely, my exhusband claimed it in our recent separation. It was a small price to pay for my freedom i guess, but i miss her. My next one i will try to do myself. If he didn't take my old purple alienware case out of my house while i have been here in NY with my sick mom. I may try resurrecting it and rebuild its burnt out guts and maybe do a little modding to it one day... it'll be my first time doing that. 🐰
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:17 pm

The official " Show us your PC " Thread - All Welcome Dsc02512

This is a pic of my little girl and my very much beloved custom big girl rigg... see why i am so bereft of her loss?

The official " Show us your PC " Thread - All Welcome Dsc02513

This is a pic of my little girl... my custom HP HDX Premium Series 18inch screen laptop.. she is actually quite powerful and can put some table PC's to shame. I am not a gamer so she doesn't know her full potential.. it's a pride thing for me i guess. :D
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by McstylisT Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:30 am

Thank you for adding to the thread Vampire Girl. They both look like fine machines there.

I am sure another great custom rig will come you way again in the future too. That one really does have a nice finish to it though.

McT
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:35 pm

Hey folks some great builds there! I promise to post about my latest build which is about 3 months old now and will post some pics if i can find them.

i will also post some pics of the kids computers which I built at the same time.

Vampire Girl great pics! Thanks!!! smile
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by McstylisT Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:43 pm

Looking forward to them mate. smile
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:09 am

McstylisT wrote:Thank you for adding to the thread Vampire Girl. They both look like fine machines there.

I am sure another great custom rig will come you way again in the future too. That one really does have a nice finish to it though.

McT

Well I am hoping to begin my very first home build/mod in a few months when things begin to settle down both financially and otherwise. I am going to need lots of advice, and believe me i am going to ask a lot of questions! I want to use the liquid cooling system i see lots of guys using in the pics on PureOC, and put a UV light to it so i can see it all glow purple and whatever color the cooling liquid glows like. Of course that will mean cutting a window into the side of the case so it can all be seen. That should be interesting! I still have the old purple alienware tower with green cold cathode lights in the "eyes" and a good monitor so i am thinking i might gut the case (the motherboard is fried anyway and i think the graphics card took a dive too, but its all old anyhow so like it matters). :hahapirate:
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by McstylisT Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:28 pm

Vampire Girl wrote:
McstylisT wrote:Thank you for adding to the thread Vampire Girl. They both look like fine machines there.

McT

Well I am hoping to begin my very first home build/mod in a few months when things begin to settle down both financially and otherwise. I am going to need lots of advice, and believe me i am going to ask a lot of questions! I want to use the liquid cooling system i see lots of guys using in the pics on PureOC, and put a UV light to it so i can see it all glow purple and whatever color the cooling liquid glows like. Of course that will mean cutting a window into the side of the case so it can all be seen. That should be interesting! I still have the old purple alienware tower with green cold cathode lights in the "eyes" and a good monitor so i am thinking i might gut the case (the motherboard is fried anyway and i think the graphics card took a dive too, but its all old anyhow so like it matters). :hahapirate:

That sounds great , thats going in at the deep end. I like it. :Cool:

We will be with you every step of the way , when the time comes we'll open a dedicated thread just for you and this project.

Sounds good , makes me want to try a custom water setup as well ....... :HAHA:
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Fri May 14, 2010 10:43 am

4Hams...where's this new rigg you promised??
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams Fri May 14, 2010 2:42 pm

What new build? I built a new rig on the 2nd or 3rd of January. Let me get at least 6 months use out of this build before I start another one... smile
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Fri May 14, 2010 3:27 pm

4hams wrote:Hey folks some great builds there! I promise to post about my latest build which is about 3 months old now and will post some pics if i can find them.

i will also post some pics of the kids computers which I built at the same time.

Vampire Girl great pics! Thanks!!! smile

The one you mention just few posts above.. Ok granted it was over a month ago, but i am just trying to catch up on things!! thinking

I know "I" am not going crazy here!!! :Nananana:
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams Fri May 14, 2010 3:47 pm

Sorry I forgot about the pics. I will have to try to find them and borrow one of the kids camera's to take some more pic's.
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire Girl Fri May 14, 2010 4:03 pm

4hams wrote:Sorry I forgot about the pics. I will have to try to find them and borrow one of the kids camera's to take some more pic's.

Quick! Someone hand me a 2x4!! Twisted Evil

lol!
Vampire Girl
Vampire Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next