https://mcstylists-overclock.forumotion.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Savage finally has a reason to post here...

4 posters

Go down

Savage finally has a reason to post here... Empty Savage finally has a reason to post here...

Post by SavageNFS Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:29 pm

ok...so after lurking for a while, I decided it was finally time to post. I see some familiar faces around here... :sorry: they let me register anyway. Anyway...I built a nice HTPC a couple of years ago and I have decided to build a new computer for my office. Well, one thing led to another and here I am planning a custom dual loop build that I plan on overclocking just a wee bit. I'm new to overclocking, but not to hardware. It will take some time to procure the right amount of fun coupons, but I'm anticipating about 3 months. So far I ordered my PS, Case, Fans, Radiators, Tubing and a SSD. The SSD was a Shell Shocker daily deal from newegg, 120gb OCZ. I struggled with the case decision, but am happy with my choice, Corsair 800D. I ordered a Corsair 1200 ATX PS. It is completely modular and has a 80 Plus Gold rating. The fans are expensive, but they are so worth it. They are NoiseBlocker Multiframe S-Series 120mm. They have rubber mounting frames that slide into the fan casing to completely isolate the fans. Really quiet, but pricey. The radiators are pretty boring, but I'm excited to get them and drool. One 3X120mm for the top and one 2X120mm for the bottom. Going for broke on this build, but I plan on documenting it here if you guys are interested. I hope that you will help guide me through the overclocking part later...

PS...Go Wings!
SavageNFS
SavageNFS
Moderators
Moderators

http://www.sandboxgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Savage finally has a reason to post here... Empty Re: Savage finally has a reason to post here...

Post by 4hams Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:22 pm

Nice to see you Savage.
Sounds like a great build. What CPU and Motherboard are you planning to use?
We would love it if you want to share the whole build experience with us (we love pictures). You could start a build log with components and pics for everyone to follow.

Cheers!
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Savage finally has a reason to post here... Empty Re: Savage finally has a reason to post here...

Post by Steve Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:56 pm

:Welcomeflash: Savage

Look forward to your new build.
Steve
Steve
Respected Forum Idividuals
Respected Forum Idividuals

Back to top Go down

Post by smduff Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:57 pm

Sounds like a great build Savage bring on the pics, Overclocking is easy with help so don't be afraid to ask.

PS LMFAO you should have stayed away from the water you don't know what you just did to your wallet, trust me I know.
smduff
smduff
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageNFS Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:01 pm

Oh I know what I did to the budget...that went out the window a long time ago when I saw some stuff that I want. Should I just start over in the build section? That might be more appropriate...

Anyway thanks for the warm welcome. I'll start over in the build thread in a bit.
SavageNFS
SavageNFS
Moderators
Moderators

http://www.sandboxgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by smduff Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:50 pm

So have you picked out a board and proc yet? I see you like the ROG boards from ASUS.
smduff
smduff
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smduff Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:03 pm

I just got this about an hour ago, it's never ending LOL

Savage finally has a reason to post here... IMG_0002-4
smduff
smduff
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:51 am

Steve I hope you are going to do a build log also?
Looks nice!
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by smduff Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:46 am

Yes and no lol, its a review so I can't post until the review is done, in which case the build log will be done in the review. If that makes any sense lol.
smduff
smduff
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down