https://mcstylists-overclock.forumotion.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intel Acquires McAfee For $7.68 Billion

4 posters

Go down

Intel Acquires McAfee For $7.68 Billion Empty Intel Acquires McAfee For $7.68 Billion

Post by 4hams Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:44 am

Intel Acquires McAfee For $7.68 Billion

http://mashable.com/2010/08/19/intel-acquires-mcafee/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Mashable+(Mashable)

Intel has agreed to acquire McAfee Inc. for approximately $7.68 billion ($48 per share in cash), the company announced today. The boards of directors of both companies have approved the deal, which is expected to close following shareholder approval and regulatory clearances.

It’s a huge deal for Intel, primarily a hardware company, to acquire a security-oriented software company, especially one as big as McAfee. However, Intel believes that security has become an integral part of computing, which makes it their business, too.

“With the rapid expansion of growth across a vast array of Internet-connected devices, more and more of the elements of our lives have moved online. In the past, energy-efficient performance and connectivity have defined computing requirements. Looking forward, security will join those as a third pillar of what people demand from all computing experiences,” said Paul Otellini, Intel president and CEO.

The fact that McAfee has experienced fantastic growth in recent quarters probably spurred Intel to go through with the deal, too. Be it hardware-enhanced security or pure software security products, there’s no doubt about it: Intel is now one of the market leaders.

McAfee will operate as a wholly-owned subsidiary, and it will be reporting to Intel’s Software and Services Group.
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Intel Acquires McAfee For $7.68 Billion Empty Re: Intel Acquires McAfee For $7.68 Billion

Post by smduff Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:54 am

Now Mcafee will tripple in cost to match intels price structure.
smduff
smduff
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Intel Acquires McAfee For $7.68 Billion Empty Re: Intel Acquires McAfee For $7.68 Billion

Post by 4hams Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:07 am

smduff wrote:Now Mcafee will tripple in cost to match intels price structure.
That is ok with me as I do not use or ever intend to use McAfee!

Lets hope it does not halt the development of Microsoft Security Essentials or influence it to become a bloated resource hungry pig like most Anti-Virus programs.
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by smduff Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:48 am

I doubt it will effect MS
smduff
smduff
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McstylisT Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Maybe Mcafee will work well with windows now heyy !! !!

I am still happy with Kaspersky personally
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

https://mcstylists-overclock.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bob2701 Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:13 pm

I used McAfee early on and had nothing but problems, then went to Norton NIS and was happy until Microsoft came out with MSE and now have that on all my PC's. Can't see how Intel buying McAfee will change MSE.
bob2701
bob2701
Respected Forum Idividuals
Respected Forum Idividuals

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down