https://mcstylists-overclock.forumotion.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intel's first Gulftown six-core processor listed in Europe

4 posters

Go down

Intel's first Gulftown six-core processor listed in Europe Empty Intel's first Gulftown six-core processor listed in Europe

Post by 4hams Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:57 am

Intel's first Gulftown six-core processor listed in Europe

By Jose Vilches, TechSpot.com
Published: February 25, 2010, 11:22 AM EST

Intel's first Gulftown six-core processor listed in Europe Intel-corei7 We are not expecting Intel's first Gulftown processor to become available until sometime next month. However, as it is becoming increasingly common, several [color:c041=#05408f !important][color:c041=#05408f !important]online [color:c041=#05408f !important]retailers jumped the gun and have already listed the six-core part, detailing its price and full specs before an official announcement is even made.

According to the listings, the Core i7 980 Extreme Edition features six 32nm cores clocked at 3.33GHz, 12 threads, 12MB of L3 [color:c041=#05408f !important][color:c041=#05408f !important]cache, and a maximum Turbo Boost clock speed of 3.6GHz. It features DDR3 support up to 1066MHz and will have a maximum TDP 130W.

[url=http://www.alternate.at/html/solrSearch/toArticle.html?articleId=408789&query=Core i7 980&referer=detail&link=solrSearch/listing.productDetails]Alternate.at[/url] quotes a price tag of €1,099 for the Core i7 980, while others have it listed for as low as €960. For reference, Intel's current fastest desktop [color:c041=#05408f !important][color:c041=#05408f !important]processor, the quad-core Core i7 975 Extreme Edition, is selling for around $970 in the U.S. market. If the company's past history is of any indication we can probably expect the Core i7 980 [color:c041=#05408f !important][color:c041=#05408f !important]Extreme [color:c041=#05408f !important]Edition to target the $1,000 price point.

Most of the specs were already available courtesy of the numerous leaks over the past few months, and the expected pricing is not really surprising for an Intel flagship product. However, Alternate.at does offer a more specific hint of its expected release date, quoting an "announced delivery date" of March 14, 2010.
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Intel's first Gulftown six-core processor listed in Europe Empty Re: Intel's first Gulftown six-core processor listed in Europe

Post by McstylisT Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:27 am

That is great to read. Though £1000 a cpu is out of my league. Wonder if we will get some users interested.

McT
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Intel's first Gulftown six-core processor listed in Europe Empty Re: Intel's first Gulftown six-core processor listed in Europe

Post by 4hams Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:15 pm

McstylisT wrote:That is great to read. Though £1000 a cpu is out of my league. Wonder if we will get some users interested.

McT
I can think of one user that just might be interested as long as my, oops i mean his wife does not find out. LOL :lol:
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by McstylisT Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:31 pm

4hams wrote:
McstylisT wrote:That is great to read. Though £1000 a cpu is out of my league. Wonder if we will get some users interested.

McT
I can think of one user that just might be interested as long as my, oops i mean his wife does not find out. LOL :lol:

LMFAO ROTFLMAO You got a death wish or something. :dead:
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:43 pm

Ya got to live on the wild side...
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by McstylisT Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:07 pm

4hams wrote:Ya got to live on the wild side...

Damn right ,,,, we both got i7 setups dont we. :HAHA: You'll think of something :Nananana:
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:12 pm

It's the lack of thinking that gets me in to trouble.
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by smduff Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:29 pm

LMAO oh Joel you should have gone with AMD there 6 core chips are within grasp without the threat of your wife killing you or worse yet pulling a lorena bobbit on your ass. Will you Intel guys ever learn Intel's first Gulftown six-core processor listed in Europe Icon_rolleyes
smduff
smduff
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McstylisT Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:00 am

I do have to admit the hexacore AMD offerings are superbly priced. They are much more acceptable and more priced for home users. Good work goes out to AMD.

Though i will be waiting until they are out in force and the benches are clear to see.

Ifs already stated they are not going to be on the Gulftown level but if its an improvement over the current CPUs its still a good buy.

McT
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:47 am

I am sorry but AMD bothers me... The only reason they are still around is because Intel and Microsoft had to GIVE them the knowhow as to building chips due to law suits. Had they had the minds to be able to do it themselves then I would have a lot more faith in them.
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by McstylisT Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:42 am

4hams wrote:I am sorry but AMD bothers me... The only reason they are still around is because Intel and Microsoft had to GIVE them the knowhow as to building chips due to law suits. Had they had the minds to be able to do it themselves then I would have a lot more faith in them.

True to be honest. Intel has given AMD the highs to aim for. Intel are still clearly the much better CPU's all round clock for clock and overclocking.

I have respect for there pricing over Intels sky high ones. But at current do not see myself moving from Intel as the i7 and 1366 is really sweat pc'ing.
McstylisT
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smduff Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:09 pm

4hams wrote:I am sorry but AMD bothers me... The only reason they are still around is because Intel and Microsoft had to GIVE them the knowhow as to buildiyou have talking to ga pony again LMAOng chips due to law suits. Had they had the minds to be able to do it themselves then I would have a lot more faith in them.

Sounds like you have been talking to Ga Pony again LMAO
smduff
smduff
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zebadee Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:14 pm

smduff wrote:
4hams wrote:I am sorry but AMD bothers me... The only reason they are still around is because Intel and Microsoft had to GIVE them the knowhow as to buildiyou have talking to ga pony again LMAOng chips due to law suits. Had they had the minds to be able to do it themselves then I would have a lot more faith in them.

Sounds like you have been talking to Ga Pony again LMAO

Hi smile
Are you implying we have a GalittlePony here! ROTFLMAO
zebadee
zebadee
Admin
Admin

http://knowledgetree.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by smduff Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:16 pm

My lips are sealed LOL
smduff
smduff
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down