UK psu repairs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

UK psu repairs

Post by oshimaida on Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:06 am

Hi
I may be asking for info thats just not available here in the Uk but here goes.....
Now got 2 Coolermaster real power m700,s dead blown up---these are as new so its a manu. fault I think,
The last one "blew" as i was trying to get the bios stable on one of my Abit in9 32x max mobo,s switching the power switch on after resetting the bios for the nth time getting pretty pissed off i can tell you bl**dy 680i boards, unstable as hell these.
Well the switch felt a bit rough if you understand me and then it tripped out the downstairs ring main trip in the consumer box--so I pulled the build apart and started again with the XFX version of the 680i lt version using one of my Be Quiet psu,s---no problems now --into a Antec 300 case(nice case) bios set and ready to roll .
BUT now I,ve got 2 of these real power psu,s to rma ---but i can,t as I,ve no receipts ( no they didn,t fall of the back of a wagon!! Craig knows where from!!)
So repairs are necessary or is it a bin job- but who can strip these down? I did contact a guy that advertises on Flee bay but we couldn,t come up with a fair cost.
I could "fiddle" a receipt and rma to Coolermaster in The Netherlands but DHL cost is around £30.
I need a "Oklahoma Wolf clone" here in the Uk
Any ideas Guys?
Learnt a lesson or two this time no more stuff without receipts ummm....
OMG does that mean no more Ebay gear!!!!!

#2-retro-rig
Coolermaster elite334, Be Quiet 650watt modular psu,Abit it7max2v.2 it7pe6 bios,Northwood 478- 2.8@3.4,Scythe infinity cooler 92mm scythe fan,Sony x22 dvd,WD 80 gb ide,Gainward ti4600 golden sample,vanteq iceberq4 blue gpu cooler,Crucial ddr 3200/400 2x1gb ram,xilence redwings- 2x 120,s+1x80m (side) casefans ,xp pro sp3,
#3-spare-rig
oshimaida
Respected Forum Idividuals

Back to top Go down

Re: UK psu repairs

Post by McstylisT on Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:33 am

Hey Gareth ,

Yeah , im tending to think a repair would either be impossible or not cost effective. Bearing in mind what you can get a brand new one for now days.

I am not aware of coolermasters RMA policy but know that some of the others makers do not need proof of receipt in all circumstances. So if you can check out what you need to have to rma in your case.

The other thing that i thought of was posting on the coolermaster user forum here: http://forum.coolermaster.com/index.php
You may get more professional answers of where to check next on this as you do have two pretty decent psu's there if you can do something with them.

Keep us informed my friend.

McT

MY I7 @ 4GHZ , 12GB DDR3 , 2x ATI 5770 CrossFire X SYSTEM

McstylisT
Admin
Admin

http://mcstylists-overclock.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by grumpydaddy on Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:19 pm

I am watching this one with interest as over the past year I seem to have killed 4 psu's to varying degrees (blew 1 varistor +some, one intermittant fail and one with no power good signal...the last is toast forget it) EDIT: For the record 2 of these are coolermaster udp's

So Gareth, if you find anyone with the skills let us know

BTW...I'll restrict myself to this older post...wouldn't want to go too far back huh? smile
grumpydaddy
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Follow up info on the 2 Coolermaster faulty psu,s

Post by oshimaida on Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:48 am

Just bringing every-one up to speed on the psu saga-
I finally got round to contacting Coolermaster rma in Holland by email
contact was a Robby Bottenberg a very helpful guy to say the least.
Craig you were right about the invoice scenario- and when I explained to him what had happened to both he sent me rma number for both -nice guy a very nice guy!!!
Sent them yesterday via DHL thru "Parcels 2 Go" who I have used before to send to Europe.-A plug for mssrs P2G.
Oh I nearly forgot this----After explaining to Robbie that I,d had 2x 650 Be quiet psu,s blow up previously and I "Folded" he asked me If I would take 2x real Power 850 watt psu,s instead Wow !! yes please Robbie.
So I,m now waiting with every thing crossed for now Coolermaster rma dept rocks.
Side note to the above:-
Craig and Mike you both know where the 700,s came from don,t you.!!!!!!

#2-retro-rig
Coolermaster elite334, Be Quiet 650watt modular psu,Abit it7max2v.2 it7pe6 bios,Northwood 478- 2.8@3.4,Scythe infinity cooler 92mm scythe fan,Sony x22 dvd,WD 80 gb ide,Gainward ti4600 golden sample,vanteq iceberq4 blue gpu cooler,Crucial ddr 3200/400 2x1gb ram,xilence redwings- 2x 120,s+1x80m (side) casefans ,xp pro sp3,
#3-spare-rig
oshimaida

Back to top Go down

Post by smduff on Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:15 am

Wow that's great news you have to like it when a company backs up there equipment, let's hope it all goes through ok.
smduff
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bob2701 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:26 am

I may have to keep CoolerMaster in the back of my mind for the future. Great news, good luck with the replacements.
bob2701

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams on Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:40 am

That is great news! I am sure grumpydaddy will be pleased to here that and maybe he can get some RMA's also for the couple he had go bad...
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by McstylisT on Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:43 am

Great news Gareth :clapjoy: Coolermaster are a good solid firm now days.

LMFAO ROTFLMAO Yes , i can guess where they originated from. Policeman Policeman LOL !!

Just glad its all in progress. I am sure you'll get the 850's soon enough.

Great story

MCT

MY I7 @ 4GHZ , 12GB DDR3 , 2x ATI 5770 CrossFire X SYSTEM

McstylisT
Admin
Admin

http://mcstylists-overclock.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down