Hey folks lets welcome my good buddy Tio Franco to the forum!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hey folks lets welcome my good buddy Tio Franco to the forum!

Post by 4hams on Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:26 pm

Hey Tio it is great to have you join us here at McT's. Please make yourself at home and drop by as often as possible.

Cheers!
avatar
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Posts : 2708
Join date : 2010-02-06
Location : Ontario, Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey folks lets welcome my good buddy Tio Franco to the forum!

Post by georgeg4 on Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:36 pm

Hi tio glad to see you here as well
avatar
georgeg4
Moderators
Moderators

Posts : 34
Join date : 2010-02-20
Age : 81
Location : Pennsylvania USA

http://georgeg4.proboards57.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey folks lets welcome my good buddy Tio Franco to the forum!

Post by Tio Franco on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:32 pm

Thanks guys. I meant to stop by and say hello yesterday, but I'd lost the URL and couldn't remember where George had posted it. What's the deal when creating a post? The text I'm typing is invisible unless I highlight it. Must be because the default font color is the same as the background.
avatar
Tio Franco

Posts : 23
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 62
Location : Denton, Texas USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey folks lets welcome my good buddy Tio Franco to the forum!

Post by zebadee on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:39 pm

Tio Franco wrote:Thanks guys. I meant to stop by and say hello yesterday, but I'd lost the URL and couldn't remember where George had posted it. What's the deal when creating a post? The text I'm typing is invisible unless I highlight it. Must be because the default font color is the same as the background.

Hi smile
It has to do with wysiwyg.
To have active links (emails in particular), you need this enabled.
However when posting, text is white.
With white background..... = invisible.. smile
All you have to do is click the little a, big A button a/A.
Then everything should be as it should.
At most you would only have to do this once per visit.
If you save the cookies, less. Wink
avatar
zebadee
Admin
Admin

Posts : 573
Join date : 2010-02-02
Age : 65

http://knowledgetree.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey folks lets welcome my good buddy Tio Franco to the forum!

Post by McstylisT on Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:12 pm

zebadee wrote:
Tio Franco wrote:Thanks guys. I meant to stop by and say hello yesterday, but I'd lost the URL and couldn't remember where George had posted it. What's the deal when creating a post? The text I'm typing is invisible unless I highlight it. Must be because the default font color is the same as the background.

Hi smile
It has to do with wysiwyg.
To have active links (emails in particular), you need this enabled.
However when posting, text is white.
With white background..... = invisible.. smile
All you have to do is click the little a, big A button a/A.
Then everything should be as it should.
At most you would only have to do this once per visit.
If you save the cookies, less. Wink

Welcome to the forum Tio Franco :Welcomeflash: :Welcomeflash:

Thank you for clearing this up for everyone Zebadee. I have just quoted this thread and yes the same thing happened. Though as mentioned clicking the a/A button made everything appear.

McT
avatar
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Posts : 822
Join date : 2010-02-02
Location : England , United Kingdom

http://mcstylists-overclock.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey folks lets welcome my good buddy Tio Franco to the forum!

Post by zebadee on Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:19 pm

McstylisT wrote:
zebadee wrote:
Tio Franco wrote:Thanks guys. I meant to stop by and say hello yesterday, but I'd lost the URL and couldn't remember where George had posted it. What's the deal when creating a post? The text I'm typing is invisible unless I highlight it. Must be because the default font color is the same as the background.

Hi smile
It has to do with wysiwyg.
To have active links (emails in particular), you need this enabled.
However when posting, text is white.
With white background..... = invisible.. smile
All you have to do is click the little a, big A button a/A.
Then everything should be as it should.
At most you would only have to do this once per visit.
If you save the cookies, less. Wink

Welcome to the forum Tio Franco :Welcomeflash: :Welcomeflash:

Thank you for clearing this up for everyone Zebadee. I have just quoted this thread and yes the same thing happened. Though as mentioned clicking the a/A button made everything appear.

McT

Hi smile
It is worth noting this only happens with "Post Reply".
"Quick Reply" doesn't have this problem at all.
If "Quick Reply" isn't used that much, it might be worth disabling it.
Just to see if "Post Reply" still plays up.

Those not sure about what to click, see the red box in attached.

avatar
zebadee
Admin
Admin

Posts : 573
Join date : 2010-02-02
Age : 65

http://knowledgetree.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey folks lets welcome my good buddy Tio Franco to the forum!

Post by McstylisT on Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:22 pm

I personally do not see a problem pushing one little a/A button to make the text appear perfectly. ? But your point is very valid and a good one wise old one. drink

_________________
McstylisT Administrator

MY I7 @ 4GHZ , 12GB DDR3 , 2x ATI 5770 CrossFire X SYSTEM



avatar
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Posts : 822
Join date : 2010-02-02
Location : England , United Kingdom

http://mcstylists-overclock.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey folks lets welcome my good buddy Tio Franco to the forum!

Post by 4hams on Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:13 pm

You da man Zeb!!! smile
avatar
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Posts : 2708
Join date : 2010-02-06
Location : Ontario, Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey folks lets welcome my good buddy Tio Franco to the forum!

Post by Tio Franco on Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:33 am

Thanks for the tips and welcome, guys. I rarely use "quick reply" windows, as I often need the full features in the regular Post Reply. I'm no newb to BBs, but they all have their own nuances. Especially once 4H gets his hands on them. 👅
avatar
Tio Franco

Posts : 23
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 62
Location : Denton, Texas USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey folks lets welcome my good buddy Tio Franco to the forum!

Post by smduff on Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:54 am

Welcome to the forum tio franco, Joel looks like he is calling you out hehe
avatar
smduff
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1592
Join date : 2010-02-07
Age : 44
Location : Canukland

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey folks lets welcome my good buddy Tio Franco to the forum!

Post by 4hams on Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:04 pm

And I would expect nothing less from Tio!!! LOL
avatar
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Posts : 2708
Join date : 2010-02-06
Location : Ontario, Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey folks lets welcome my good buddy Tio Franco to the forum!

Post by Hugo on Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:22 am

Welcome to the forum Tio.
avatar
Hugo
Moderators
Moderators

Posts : 33
Join date : 2010-02-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey folks lets welcome my good buddy Tio Franco to the forum!

Post by Tio Franco on Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:43 pm

Merci Beaucoup to Zebadee, McstylisT, Smduff, Hugo, and of course, my good friends, George and 4H, for the warm Welcome.
avatar
Tio Franco

Posts : 23
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 62
Location : Denton, Texas USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey folks lets welcome my good buddy Tio Franco to the forum!

Post by McstylisT on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:46 pm

You most welcome Tio.

McT

_________________
McstylisT Administrator

MY I7 @ 4GHZ , 12GB DDR3 , 2x ATI 5770 CrossFire X SYSTEM



avatar
McstylisT
Admin
Admin

Posts : 822
Join date : 2010-02-02
Location : England , United Kingdom

http://mcstylists-overclock.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey folks lets welcome my good buddy Tio Franco to the forum!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum