https://mcstylists-overclock.forumotion.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tuesday

+2
rrplay
4hams
6 posters

Go down

Tuesday Empty Tuesday

Post by 4hams Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:36 am

Morning gang coffee is ready and damn is it good this morning.

Think my H50 pump is on the way out. i have had to bash it with a hammer a few times to get it running in the last couple weeks. Keep getting a CPU fan error on startup which is where the Pump plugs into...

May have to go pick a new one up today...

Hope ya all enjoy the day.
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Tuesday Empty Re: Tuesday

Post by rrplay Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:12 am

Morning guys ! Thanks for the coffee Joel and yep your right it is good this morning ! Going to be a hot one around here today.
Got some OJ and ice out for you guys.

Sorry to hear about you having to replace that H50 pump Joel did not seem like you had it all that long ?? >>&& correct me if I am wrong about that

Going to get into that TIM test with the IC Diamond paste today
have a good one guys smile:
rrplay
rrplay
Respected Forum Idividuals

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:27 am

Thanks Joel, yes it is good.

Are you going to replace it with another H50 or something else?

Will be interesting to see your results of the ICD Peter.

Have a great day everyone!
Steve
Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by bob2701 Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:34 am

Thanks for the coffee Joel. Sorry to hear about the pump, how old was it? As Peter said, it was not that long ago we were talking about it. Did you run it 24/7 or off each night?
bob2701
bob2701

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageNFS Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:20 am

Good morning all. Time for new pump Joel. My replacement mother board and memory should be here Thursday for the HTPC.
SavageNFS
SavageNFS
Moderators
Moderators

http://www.sandboxgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:09 am

Hey guys I will only replace it with another H50 if I cannot find and wait for the new Corsair with the 240 rad... They are all out of stock on the Corsair website? I am not even sure if they have actually been released yet?

Been on the Coolit Systems website which has to be one of the worst maintained website for product info!!! The site is really quite a joke actually.

Last time I had to bash it with the hammer it worked fine for about 3 weeks... Time will tell.
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:29 am

I had to go back and read this post to see when i started testing and using the H50 and it was about 10.5 months ago... Very disapointed that it is starting to fail already! Never had any issue with the pump on the Domino ALC.

I typically run the rig for about 18-20 hrs everyday. Usually on about 6 am and off around 12:00 am or so. 30 days in a month (avg.) times 20hrs a day is 600 hrs a month. Times 10.5 months equals 6300 hours of use before it started to fail. I believe the suggested lifetime for these units was 50,000 hours...

Last edited by 4hams on Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:08 am; edited 2 times in total
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by smduff Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:32 am

That sucks Joel sorry to hear about the trouble, maybe it would be a good time to jump into the full waco kits around you will get much better performance out of them.

Thanks for the coffee as well.

Have a great day guys.
smduff
smduff
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:41 am

I don't know Steve??? I love tinkering and testing but this site alone has sucked the life out of me. As you can see I don't post any more I'm sick of doing Craig's work and it certainly doesn't look like he is coming back...

Thinking of spending a wack of money on some nice camera equipment and forgetting all about computers. But I love tinkering. Maybe I should build the wife and I a hotrod for the fun of it. I know she would love it but the cost is far more than tinkering with computers and cameras.
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by SavageNFS Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:00 pm

Sorry to hear of your frustrations Joel. I have never been around when Craig was so it is hard for me to understand the disappearance. I certainly understand the circumstances of why he left at the time, but not why he can't stop in and settle things. The site should be formally handed over and the be done with it...perhaps that has been done and I'm just not aware.

I understand the frustration with the site. The daily grind to keep things active can get tough. My site is going through the same thing at the moment. Although for us it is more seasonal than anything else. It is too nice outside to play games.

I just want you know that I appreciate all of the support doing my last build! It was really nice sharing it with you all. The rig has been worth it's weight in gold and been running flawlessly. This is due in large part to many of you here. I've also met a small group of people here that are really good people. I know that many days we just pop in to say hi, but there are other days when it turns to more.

Regardless...thanks for all you do for the site, Joel. As far as the hot rod...it all depends on how much hot rod you go for. I can speak from experience that tinkering with computers is not all that cheap. Cameras and glass can be even more...
SavageNFS
SavageNFS
Moderators
Moderators

http://www.sandboxgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rrplay Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:03 pm

that kinda sucks Joel only getting that much life of the H50 pump and agree Cool it site looks pretty lame for the product line they carry

meanwhile I had measured the previous paste and temps on mini Gigabyte rig with the Antec Kuhler 620 posted here I thought it had the Shin Etsu on it & measured with CoreTemps and Intel Burn [max] replaced the TIM with AC MX-2 ..Since I was not 1000% sure about the original OEM paste being ShinEtsu I thought I would just compare that as well before using the IC Diamond along with IC Diamonds application method

>>Much easier to do ..this week because I have power
hang in there Joel ! & have a few cold ones !

>>>go for it and chill a mug ! drink

Edit : Yeah I sure appreciate this community a lot ! yeah even if stopping in but when it get's a bit serious with some really cool stuff it's really a great place that's special IMO.All of your hard work and efforts Joel as well as the stuff shared make it regular part of my day. :Thankyou: Joel

Last edited by rrplay on Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Needed to Edit after reading Andre's excellent post !)
rrplay
rrplay

Back to top Go down

Post by smduff Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:47 pm

I hear you Joel trust me on that one LOL, I feel the same way with this site I spend the majority of my time on PureOC now for obvious reasons. Maybe we should just shut the doors here since Craig for whatever reason has decided to not participate anymore.
I know your busy with other sites as well and they can consume a large part of our time.
I believe that we all have other common sites that we participate on and keep in touch.
smduff
smduff
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:24 pm

I will also add my gratitude and say :Thankyou: Joel for your work on this site!

As for the H50 being 10.5 months old, wouldn't it fall under the warranty?
(That is if you'd want to hassle with that.)
Steve
Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:24 pm

Thanks for the kind words folks!

As for the site being formerly handed over that is not an issue because I certainly do not want it.

Craig, asked Zeb and myself to help out on a new forum he wanted to start. Craig new i liked overclocking and testing/tinkering so I guess he thought i would like it and i did when he was here to help out. Zeb has done a great job keeping the portal updated and with the facebook stuff and trying to get the place noticed.

I was told no more than the rest of the members as to why Craig had to leave or weather or when he would be back. Craig and i had a great relationship for about 4 years both being involved with DVD software testing and modding DVD forums such as DVD Next Copy in it's begining stages.

So naturally I thought it would have been a blast to do this with a friend whom with I shared the same interests.

Because of the name of this place it does not make sense for anyone to want to take it over as they would want to change the name which would only mess things up with search engines facebook and other things.

I am very appreciative of all the involvement of the regular members and I am sure Zebadee is also.

There are a few members that I certainly expected a lot more participation from but that is personal prefrence...

I am here to keep up with folks in a social manner now as in yesterdays post which was nice. I'm not going anywhere but rather along for the ride albeit in the back seat.

Enjoy the evening folks and there is a bunch of cold beer in the cooler.

I'll join ya for a beer after the car show tonight.
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:26 pm

Steve wrote:I will also add my gratitude and say :Thankyou: Joel for your work on this site!

As for the H50 being 10.5 months old, wouldn't it fall under the warranty?
(That is if you'd want to hassle with that.)

Yes Steve it is under warranty but that would be like doing taxes as i would have to scour to find the original bill. i am hoping it will last long enough to see the release of the new Corsair 240mm units.
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by smduff Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:47 pm

Hey Joel I think vinny has a 5 1/4" drive bay with a pump in it for sale why don't you give him a PM.
smduff
smduff
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 4hams Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:09 pm

Thanks for the heads up Steve.
4hams
4hams
Old Father Time
Old Father Time

Back to top Go down

Post by bob2701 Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:08 pm

Let me also add my thanks to Joel and Zeb for all the hard work they put in on this site. I think it has a great group of guys that will always help out one another. Although we miss Craig, things have gone on without him. As we have 9000 + posts.
bob2701
bob2701

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down